Live in Carer
You will need to support customers with all aspects of their day to day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life. Providing live in care and support is both a challenging and rewarding experience. You will stay in the customer’s home, usually working alone.
There will be pre-arranged breaks during periods when the customer does not need your services. This is often during the afternoons. Compassion, good communication skills and a calm and caring manner are essential for this important role as a live in carer in our clients company.
You will need to give non-discriminatory care and support that values the whole person rather than merely seeing a list of care needs. The duties of a liver in carer can include:-
• All aspects of personal care
• Taking medicines
• Eating and drinking
• Safely using aids and personal equipment in a manner that respects the dignity of customers
• Social and physical activities or mental stimulation
• Supporting a customer through temporary and terminal illness
Desirable Criteria for a live in carer:
• A relevant care and/or health qualification
• Previous experience as a care worker or as an unpaid carer
• Knowledge of safeguarding matters and how to recognise abuse
• Working knowledge of health and safety matters relating to homecare
• Flexible approach to working
If you wish to join a team that will support you and push you to be the best you can be, look no further!
£630 - £700 (including holiday pay) per week
Previous experience as a care worker or as an unpaid carer
Full & Part Time