Home Care Assistant
Part time position – Must be a driver
Do you want to work for an Accredited Real Living Wage Employer with a pension, employee benefits, and an employee assistance programme? This is the company you want to work for!
Care Assistant visits are not rushed, allowing you to spend more time getting to know and connecting with your customers. Our client values continuity of care and the development of relationships.
What is great about our client?
• They are for an Accredited Real Living Wage Employer paying £9.80 - £10.20 per hour (£11.03 -£11.48 with holiday pay) with £19.60 per hour on bank holidays
• Paid travel time and mileage (30p per mile)
• No uniform policy to break down those barriers between care assistant and client
• Access to a pension, employee benefits and employee assistance scheme
• Full training provided with support to all care assistants throughout their career as well as extensive support and guidance at the start of their role
• Development opportunities and ongoing qualifications to stay current in your industry including Health & Social care qualifications
We have a variety of positions available with varying work schedules to meet the needs of individual Home Care Assistants and to provide a work-life balance. You will be based near your home, but due to the nature of the work, a driver's licence is required.
We have openings in central Wrexham and the surrounding areas.
Work hours are typically between 20 and 30 hours per week, but we are flexible and would consider those who would like to work more or less.
What does a typical day as a Home Care Assistant look like?
You'll be assisting clients with a variety of daily living tasks at their homes during one-hour care calls. This could include assisting them in getting dressed or showering in the morning, assisting them with their regular medication, or preparing tasty, nutritious meals for them throughout the day. You could also accompany them to appointments or social activities in the community, as well as provide companionship at home.
It is preferable if you have previously worked in care as a care assistant, volunteered with older adults, or cared for a family member at home, but this is not required because full training is provided.
£9.80 - £10.20 per hour
Must be a driver