Care & Support Worker
Our C.I.W. rated ‘Good’ client has a friendly management team, industry-leading salaries, and the most amazing clients; they do not rush their Care and Support Workers and give you time to care.
Summary of role:
To collaborate with other staff members to meet the personal care and support needs of customers in a way that respects the individual's dignity and promotes their independence. Care and Support Workers are expected to provide care and support that would be reasonably provided by members of the client's family, but not tasks that would normally be performed by a trained nurse.
A full driving licence is required, as well as personal transportation.
• To assist clients who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet
• To help clients with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment
• To care for clients who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
• To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of clients through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
• To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying
• To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up
• To read and write reports and be involved in clients’ reviews and training activities
Care and Support Workers are expected to have the following characteristics:
• Self-motivated & well organised
• Caring & sensitive to the needs of others
• Ability to use own initiative
Ability to communicate effectively
£18,000 - £20,000 per year
Full time contract