Care & Support Worker
A full driving licence is required, as well as personal transportation.
Our client provides a friendly, supportive, and professional environment for their employees to do one important thing: put a smile on the faces of the people who comprise your community. We are looking for full and part-time Care and Support Workers in Bristol to join their friendly and 'CQC GOOD' team.
Summary of the role
To collaborate with other staff members to meet the personal care and support needs of customers in a way that respects the individual's dignity and promotes their independence. Care and Support Workers are expected to provide care and support that would be reasonably provided by members of the customer's family, but not tasks that would normally be performed by a trained nurse.
Principal responsibilities of a Care & Support Worker;
• To adhere to all policies and procedures at all times
• To assist customers who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet
• To care for customers who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
• To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
• To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
• To read and write reports and be involved in customers’ reviews and training activities
• To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up
Requirements of a Care & Support Worker;
• Ability to communicate in English effectively – verbal as well as written
• Ability to use own initiative
• Be subject to 2 professional/personal reference, and a full Enhanced DBS check
• Caring & sensitive to the needs of others
• Full Driving Licence and access to your own transport
• Self-motivated & well organised
Total Reward Package of a Care & Support Worker;
• Accredited Care Certificate training
• Excellent Mileage – 40 pence per mile
• Flexible hours to suit your availability
• Four weeks pro rata annual leave entitlement
• Free Uniforms
• Provide excellent staff support (including 24 hour on call support)
• Support to complete QCF Levels in Health & Social Care
• We actively promote Career Progression
• Working within your local area to reduce travel time
£10.60 - £11.60 per hour
full driving licence
Full and part-time