Home Care Assistant
You will need to support customers with all aspects of their day to day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life. You will mostly work alone with the customer in their home. Providing care and support offers many rewards, but can also be challenging. Compassion, good communication skills and a calm and caring manner are essential for this important role as a care assistant in our clients company.
We are looking for people who are committed to being the very best version of themselves. People who are looking to have a sustainable career, a career in CARE that makes a real difference to others.
You will need to give non-discriminatory care and support that values the whole person rather than merely seeing a list of care needs. The duties as a care assistant can include:-
• All aspects of personal care
• Taking medicines
• Eating and drinking
• Safely using aids and personal equipment in a manner that respects the dignity of customers
• Social and physical activities or mental stimulation
• Supporting a customer through temporary and terminal illness
Desirable Criteria for a care assistant:
• A relevant care and/or health qualification
• Previous experience as a care worker or as an unpaid carer
• Knowledge of safeguarding matters and how to recognise abuse
• Working knowledge of health and safety matters relating to homecare
• Flexible approach to working
• Full drivers licence – no more than 6 points, and have access to a Car or motorbike for community work
If you wish to join a team that will support you and push you to be the best you can be, look no further!
£11 - £12.15 per hour
Previous experience as a care worker or as an unpaid carer and a driving license
Full & Part Time