Our client is a home care provider, supporting vulnerable people who have a wide range of needs, in their own homes in the community. Their customers include children who have learning disabilities, autism, physical disabilities, through to elderly and those who experience health conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s and stroke. You would likely see multiple customers during your shift, delivering bespoke support through following their personalised care plans.
Our client also provides care for children and young people, offering exciting and engaging activities like swimming, walks in the park and visiting play centres!
Duties of a Care Assistant:
• Personal care e.g. bathing, showering, dressing, shaving, personal hygiene, changing catheters, changing pads, brushing teeth
• Domestic tasks e.g. laundry, hoovering, washing up, changing bedlinen
• Recording observations, keeping notes on our live database, using our secure apps
• Community errands such as shopping, picking up prescriptions and taking to appointments
You would need to be a driver and have access to a car for work to be a care assistant. This is due to the community nature of the job role and travel between customers, as well as potentially taking customers in your car to appointments or activities.
Benefits of a Care Assistant:
• All travel time and mileage when travelling between customers is paid for (travel time at £9.50 an hour, mileage at 25p per mile)
• Equivalent of 5.6 weeks per year annual leave, plus opportunity to accrue up to 2 extra days for length of service
• Access to healthcare NHS ‘top up’ plan for cashback towards optical, dental etc, plus Employee Assistance Programme
• £100 welcome bonus when you start in your job role
• Access to our Employee Referral Scheme ‘Care Friends’ where you can earn cash bonus points for sharing and referring
• Bank holidays are paid at double time
This role is suited to people who enjoy a challenge and thrive in environments where no two days are the same. It is an opportunity to make a positive difference in people’s lives, which provides fulfilment and job satisfaction. Apply now if this care assistant role interests you.
£9.50 - £13.50 per hour
Must be a driver
Full and Part-time