Our client is looking for people with a warm, enthusiastic and caring approach who want to make a difference in the lives of the people they care for on a daily basis, people who need extra help and support due to their mental health needs and learning disabilities.
We are looking for Full-Time Support Workers to join their friendly and 'CQC GOOD' teams in Wembley, Ealing, Hillingdon and Harrow.
If you are looking for a permanent position in care, then look no further and submit your application today.
You will work as part of our client’s team to provide support to people who live in the service. Based on the customer's interests, goals, and aspirations, the support you provide will help to build confidence and everyday skills. You will assist in providing safe, effective, caring, and responsive support to all customers within the service, as well as demonstrating the same qualities to customers from other services.
Support Worker duties include:
• Adhering to any specialist guidelines that have been established for each customer. This includes, but is not limited to, personal care, laundry, food preparation, eating assistance, assistance with health issues/behaviours, mobility, medication administration and so on
• Providing emotional support by interacting with customers, assisting them in identifying areas where things aren't working for them, and assisting them in making changes
• Ensuring that your key customer's life and social skills are being developed because of the service(s). Where this is not the case, your role, based on knowledge and day-to-day experience, will be vital to making necessary changes.
Support Worker attributes needed:
• Experience of Epilepsy, Autism, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Medication Administration, as well as safeguarding issues
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to prepare concise and meaningful reports
• Ability to organise yourself, workload, and work independently and pro-actively under pressure
• Computer literacy with a competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Knowledge of cloud based systems and mobile devices
• Shift flexibility; because we are a 24/7 business, shifts are based on the AM, PM, nights, and weekends
If this is you, then please press the button below without delay!
£9.50 - £10 per hour
Permanent and Full-time